Duration: 2 hours (approx)
Class size: 12 max
Date: Saturday 26 May
Location: The White Space, Fitzroy, Melbourne
What do I learn from this course?
There are lots of courses and workshops out there that start with an expectation that you know the fundamentals of photography.
In this course you learn those fundamentals.
We’ll take you through the elements that come with your camera kit and how to make use of them to get the best images possible, as well as discuss some of the considerations for buying your first kit additions that take your images to the next level.
Good Photographic Practice
- Stance, Grip, and Stability
- Focusing and Composing
- Shutter Release
- Accessories (Lens caps, hoods, and tripods)
- RAW vs JPEG
Lenses and Composition
- Perspective and FOV
- Distance, Focus, and DOF
- Selecting a Lens
- The Exposure Triangle (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO)
- Metering (Auto modes, going manual)
- Using the Histogram
- Small class sizes to ensure individual attention
- Instruction from experienced teacher and assistants
- Practical experience within the class, trying different cameras and lenses, shooting images